WRITERS' WINDOW

WRITERS' WINDOW

Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Sea Dog | Kate Andrews

The sea is a little puppy.
I run towards it
it runs towards me
like we are playing a game of tag.

The sea dog barks
“ruff ruff,”
it says.
It’s crashing
it is very frisky.

I run up to it
and jump on its back.
When I lie down
it runs up and pounces on me.
It carries me on its back.
It’s as fast as a cheetah, that dog.

The dog runs around and around.
“Aoooooooo,” it howls at night
like a wolf.

The dog eats its dog food
upon the shore.
Day after day it gnaws
like a cow eating grass happily.
It chews morosely.
I wake up and run to see my dog.
When I walk up to it
it sprays me with spit and slobber.
“Ew,” I say.
I wash off with the dog surrounding me,
I spray it back
we have a water fight
I get soaked but I don’t care.
I run around and around.
The dog stamps on my feet softly.
“Let’s play!”
We play the back and forwards game.
Then I go home.

In the night I hear

“Auuuauuuauuu!”

No comments:

Post a Comment