WRITERS' WINDOW

WRITERS' WINDOW

Wednesday 2 October 2013

No Tapu te Ranga ahau | Mia Walker, Saoirse Lynch, and Joe Bryant

As I look around, I see
waves like people coming together,
and waves crashing like dolphins coming together.
A mailbox like a person,
flowers like a banana.

I see broccoli trees,
beetles zooming along the highway,
falling leaves like raindrops,
a stem like a bomb fuse,
and I see grass popping out of the wall like witch’s hair.

I see statues on the sand.
I see a wall like an angry person.
I see blue birds like the sea,
bushes like hedgehogs.
I see the sun gleaming brightly,
I see the sun fading bit by bit.

On my leaf, I see
the holes are like secret countries,
the colour is like the sun,
the brown on my leaf is like a rough trunk of a tree.

The shape is like an old shrivelled-up aunty.

No comments:

Post a Comment