WRITERS' WINDOW

WRITERS' WINDOW

Sunday 10 November 2013

Low Ropes | Noah Newton, Year 5

   ‘Noah, you’re first.'
I stare up at the platform. Rock wall up, ropes away. I cling to the wall and move, hand hold by hand hold, up the wall. That seemed easy enough. Now, where to next? From the platform the tyres stand out. They twist and slip under my feet. One more step and I’m on the next platform.
Bomp! I land. Now there are two ways, right or left? Left, I decide. The rope sways and sways until I lose my footing.
   'Woah!’ I say as I dangle off the rope about four metres off the ground. My mouth accidentally lets rip some words I definitely cannot repeat in print.
Twang! The rope pings up and I go shooting down. 
Thud! The shock races up my legs.
Too bad you don’t have suspension springs in your legs!


No comments:

Post a Comment